This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our website renaissance-menswear.co.uk
The purpose of this policy is to set out how we use your personal information that we may obtain about you and to advise that by using the Renaissance Menswear website generally you agree to this use. By providing us with your data, you declare to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Use of your personal information
If you subscribe to our mailing list:
You may be asked to provide certain information such as your name, address, telephone and email. We will store this data for the whole time you are a customer to us and hold it on our computers or otherwise in order to fulfil our agreement to you.
We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
- To manage our website services
- For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services that we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme.
- To select products or services which we think may be of use to you.
- To keep you informed from time to time of our products and services (including special offers, promotions, discounts, events and competitions by any of the following methods:
- To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
Disclosure of your information
1. We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- To employees to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by Renaissance Menswear now or in the future.
To an agent who on our behalf to profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs.
to other organisations for the administration of prize draws or competitions
to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you
if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so
We will not share any of your data with outside third parties other than for the purpose of delivering goods to you.
1. We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
1. You have the right to find out the personal data, as defined in the Data Protection Act, that we keep about you by writing to us. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
3. It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date so please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by contacting us at the details below.
4. You reserve the right to request deletion on any personal information held on our systems at any time.
5. Please be aware that our website may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I be removed from the Renaissance Menswear email newsletters list?
In accordance with Data Protection Law each email we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe. However, if you wish to be removed from our mailing list at any time you can write to us at the contact details below informing us of the email address that you wish to have removed. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request.
Susie McKechnie owner of Renaissance Menswear is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data.
Renaissance Menswear, 1 Tudor Mews, The Homend, Ledbury HR8 1BT
Email address: email@example.com
What’s a cookie?
A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of this site.
How do are cookies used on this site?
Cookies are used to track your use of this website. This enables me to understand how you use the site and track any patterns with regards how you are using the website. This helps me to develop and improve the website as well as products and / or services in response to what you might need or want.
Cookies are either:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. [We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.]
Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on this website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of this website. For example, they allow me to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, I may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.